I've been wanting a bench for the end of our bed for a long time now but I couldn't justify (or convince my husband) to spend 200 dollars for it. And so I figured... why not make one myself?
To start, I thought I would find the perfect coffee table. I didn't want to spend too much as I knew I would need to spend money on fabric and foam as well.
Here is a list of the materials I bought:
- Coffee Table- Kijiji $20.00
- Adhesive Spray- Michaels $10.00
- 2 Metres of Fabric- Fabricland $12.00 (depending on the fabric you choose it can get quite expensive).
- Buttons- Fabricland $6.00
- Upholstery Needles- Fabric Land $2.00
- Upholstery Thread- $1.00
- Foam- Michaels $11.99
- Batting- Michaels $4.99
Total Cost: $67.98
Here is a list of things that I already had:
- 24 x36 inch Backing of a Picture Frame
- Staple Gun
- Clear Finishing Spray
Here we go!
1. Paint the parts of the table that will not be covered by fabric.
2. Let dry for at least 24 hours.