This recipe from EatingBirdFood.com looks fantastic!
What you will need
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup pumpkin (homemade puree or canned)
- ¼ cup of pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon chilii powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- Add black beans, quinoa, pepitas and garlic into a food processor and pulse a couple times. The beans should be broken up but there should still be some small chunks. Don’t over process, as you want your bean burgers to be a little chunky.
- Transfer the bean mixture into large bowl and stir in all remaining ingredients and form into five to six patties.
- Heat a skillet on medium, spray non-stick spray and add the patties, cook each side until browned, about 6-7 minutes total.