Feb 21, 2011

LOVE IT OR HATE IT

BILLY ELLIOT- THE MUSICAL
Canon Theatre, Toronto



*****
        I saw BILLY ELLIOT the musical this weekend and was absolutely in awe by the performance. I'm still not sure if the accents were real or fake and that amazes me. The songs were fantastic, the story was inspiring, the acting was quite impressive... I just love everything about it! To be honest, I was shocked to see just how talented the lead character was. The boy in the video is not the same one that performed this weekend but I can tell you that his singing, dancing and acting was sensational. I would without a doubt recommend this musical to anyone who is thinking about going to see it. It was worth every penny to me: 5 out of 5 stars.


BRITNEY SPEARS
Hold It Against Me



**
       So I was highly anticipating the arrival of this music video. I love the song and was really interested to see what concept they would come up with for the video. Unfortunately, it's horrible. I can't stand the fight scene in the middle. What is that all about? She's fighting with herself? I like the concept that she is surrounded by media and cameras constantly covering her life BUT what's with the wedding dress? The paint splatter? The fight scene? The Rocky Horror lips? The Plenty of Fish site? The obscenely close 'close ups'.... Sorry Britney. I love your music and most of your music videos... but not this one. I give it a 2 out of 5 stars.

JUSTIN BIEBER- NEVER SAY NEVER
The Movie



*****
          AMAZING! I truly wasn't expecting a lot from this movie. Especially because I'm not a Bieber finatic but... he has turned me into a 'Belieber'. Even if you're not a fan I think you will love the movie. The music is catchy and fun. I couldn't stop myself from dancing in the theatre. The 3D aspect was pretty cool. It really made me feel as though I was at a Justin Bieber concert. The story is very touching and inspiring. Leaving the movie I was excited to get back to playing the piano and the guitar (videos to come soon) and I think that's a great feeling to have. I'm seeing this movie again this week because I loved it so much. I give it 5 stars AND a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment